Monday, August 8, 2011

20 to 194!!!???

First post!! 

Let's get down to business. I was browsing at my "notes" from my Facebook account trying to get an idea of what to write about on my first post for my new blog when I stumbled onto my first "note." It got me thinking, wouldn't it be fitting to repost my first note, which in a way was meant to be for the blog page that I never had into the actual blog page that I now have. (ang gulo nun ah) Anyway, just a bit of background regarding the note, I composed it when I just created my Facebook account and was thinking of the people I would like to invite. The title by the way is "How many do you want?" Here's the post.

"The other day I was trying to add friends to my newly opened facebook account, when I realized that the list of people I'd like to add didn't even reach 20. I thought "Wow! That's pathetic!" I know that I'm kind of a snob and the fact that I've transferred to multiple schools when I was a kid kinda contributed to that. But thinking further, when I looked at the people listed, I thought to myself that these are the people that have stayed with me through out the years. I could call these people friends with out hesitation and in the truest sense of the word. And if given the chance to have 100 more "friends" that are a fraction the value of the friends I have, I'd rather stick to the 20 something people on my list. Three fourths of a friend is just an acquaintance and I don't need acquaintances. So for me 20 something friends will do just fine."

After rereading  that note, I immediately checked how many friends I have on my FB account and felt a bit like a hypocrite. It's either I've been really a lucky guy to have gathered that many friends or I've become what I hate. I definitely don't want it to be the latter and I don't think that I'm THAT lucky, so it looks like it's time to clean up the "friends list."

No comments:

Post a Comment